- It never ceases to amaze me how the world values that which is valueless: For sale: William Shatner’s kidney stone.
- With all that goes on in the world, only CNN could herald the death of a mere animal above real news. The check marks denote significant news items in contrast to their “NEWS ALERT” in the red banner on top. As the Lord said to Peter: “kill and eat!” Acts 10:9-13.
- We lived in Minnesota for nearly 6 years and witnessed the phenomenal election of governor Jesse Ventura. Take it from me, in that state, anything can happen: will the next Minnesota Governor be a “vampire.”
- Just what planet earth needs: green glow in the dark pigs. – yes, you read that correctly.
- Gathering ideas about church buildings – from Vader’s grotesque at the Washington National Cathedral – in a word: grotesque.
- Gathering more ideas about church buildings:
- A politically partisan joke (not exactly news, but it is funny – thanks Ronna):
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am!” The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, “You’re in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.”
She rolled her eyes and said, “You must be a Republican.””I am,” replied the man. “How did you guess?” “Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”
The man smiled and responded, “You must be a Democrat.” “I am,” replied the balloonist. “How did you know?” “Well” said the man, “You don’t know where you are or where you’re going. You’ve risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You’ve made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect ME to solve your problem. You’re in EXACTLY the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it’s MY fault.”